New International Judo Federation rules with regard to Judogi have come into effect as of April 1, 2015.
The new rules require judogi jacket material have to a maximum weight of no more than 750g/m2 and use a new IJF Approved label which will have a red border. The blue bordered IJF Approved label can no longer be used at IJF events (World Championships, World Masters, Grand Slams and Grand Prix events). For use at other events, please check with the event organsisers regarding any requirements.
Current IJF approved belts with the blue border will be compliant with the new regulations and can be used after April 1, 2015.
- There is approximately a 3 week processing time from when the order is placed until the order is shipped.
- The new model jacket arm length specifications differ slightly from previous models. If you are not sure of your size, you can check our Whats My Size calculator for the new models or use our Size Charts to confirm the best size according to your measurements.
- Due to the new restrictions in material weight, judogi compliant with the 2015 IJF regulations will not be as strong as non-compliant judogi. KuSakura highly recommends that if you do not require IJF approved judogi that judogi not complying with the 2015 IJF regulations will provide better value for money.
- The JOA model is the equivalent to the previous JOI model without IJF approval.
- The 2015 IJF Judogi Rules can be downloaded here (1.9MB pdf).